Merriam-Webster Web Sites:
- An extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs, the healing miracles described in the Gospels,
- An extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment. The bridge is a miracle of engineering.
- Christian Science: a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law
Carrying on with the story, the motorbike, at that speed, starts to zigzag and wable, and it slows down to maybe 50 or 40 MPh, and it flips, and the bike and I start to slide for a good two to three hundred feet.
I was terrified of three things:
- Will I hit the cement divider? I'm in the passing lane.
- The bike is in front of me. Will I hit it if it stops sliding before me?
- Does a coming car run me over?
It was a scorching day. I had never done this but I didn't wear my leather jacket that day.
The result was a second-degree burn in my arms and back.
Treatment: in Hull hospital, swirl bath in water and iode.
I was sure of dying, and it didn't happen. Why?
A few days later, I probed my jeans pocket and found my Holy Mary Magnet all bent. My father told me that She saved me, probably lifting me off the ground and watching the surroundings so nothing worse would happen. I smiled and left; I believed in flying saucers and ghosts more than Divine intervention!!?
Dash photo taken in 1982
More motorcycle photos here: the RC Legion
Michel of Notre Dame